1/3 Photos of Cream of Zucchini Soup (Crema De Calabacitas)
1 hr 10 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour-Mexico. From "Mexican Cookery" cookbook. This recipe is a tasty way to use up an over abundance of zucchini from the garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash zucchini. Cut off stem ends, then cut into large pieces. Place in a saucepan. Add water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Cool zucchini in cooking liquid.
- 2Place zucchini, 1 cup cooking liquid and 2 Tablespoons cilantro in a blender; process until pureed.
- 3Heat butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion. Cook until tender but not browned. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute. Add pureed zucchini mixture, evaporated milk and chicken broth. Stir to blend. Season with salt if needed. Stir over medium heat until soup comes to a boil.
- 4Serve at once or chill and serve cold. Garnish each serving with a few whole cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Zucchini Soup (Crema De Calabacitas)
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 354.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g