This one is for the cilantro lovers. From Resraunte Mexicano May-June 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only (about 4 cups leaves, loosely packed)
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream (do not use sour cream) or 1 cup Mexican crema (do not use sour cream)
- shredded chihuahua cheese, manchego cheese, jack cheese (to garnish) or gouda cheese (to garnish)
- 1Place cilantro leaves in a blender with 1 cup of the chicken stock and blend to form a puree. Set aside.
- 2Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic, and sauté until soft but not brown. Add the flour and stir to make a roux. Gradually add the remaining broth, stirring with a whisk after each addition.
- 3Add the cilantro puree, stirring to blend thoroughly. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. The soup may be made ahead up to this step.
- 4Stir in the cream, place in serving bowls and garnish with shredded cheese and a cilantro sprig if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Cilantro Soup - Crema De Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.2
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 531.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g