This is so good. A different twist on enchiladas. It has been around my house for a long time. It is adapted from a recipe in a 1979 edition of Seasoned with Sun.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 4 -6 long green chili peppers, roasted,peeled,seeded and chopped (a 4-oz can of chopped green chili can be substituted for the fresh)
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb longhorn cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small amount canola oil
- 1 dozen corn tortilla
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Saute onion in oil, add flour, milk and chili.
- Cook until medium thick.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of cheeses to sprinkle over top of sauce.
- Heat 1/2 to 1 tsp of canola oil at a time in skillet.
- When oil is warm quickly dip tortillas in oil until soft and warm.
- Immediately put 1 Tablespon each of cheese, crabmeat and sauce in tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 11x7 inch pan.
- Repeat until all tortillas are used.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with reserved cheeses.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.