1/2 Photos of Crabmeat Enchiladas
This is so good. A different twist on enchiladas. It has been around my house for a long time. It is adapted from a recipe in a 1979 edition of Seasoned with Sun.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 4 -6 long green chili peppers, roasted,peeled,seeded and chopped (a 4-oz can of chopped green chili can be substituted for the fresh)
- 1/4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 lb longhorn cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small amount canola oil
- 1 dozen corn tortilla
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Saute onion in oil, add flour, milk and chili.
- 3Cook until medium thick.
- 4Reserve 1/4 cup of cheeses to sprinkle over top of sauce.
- 5Heat 1/2 to 1 tsp of canola oil at a time in skillet.
- 6When oil is warm quickly dip tortillas in oil until soft and warm.
- 7Immediately put 1 Tablespon each of cheese, crabmeat and sauce in tortilla and roll up.
- 8Place seam side down in a 11x7 inch pan.
- 9Repeat until all tortillas are used.
- 10Pour the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with reserved cheeses.
- 11Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabmeat Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.4
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 1125.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: