Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml yellow cornmeal
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml salt
- 473.18 ml milk (do not use nonfat)
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 453.59 g chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 532.32 ml onions, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 anaheim chili, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 158.51 ml canned chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F Butter 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk milk, oil and eggs in medium bowl to blend.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Transfer batter to prepared dish. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cool. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover & let stand at room temperature).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut enough corn bread into 1/2 inch cubes to measure 12 cups (reserve remaining bread for another use). Transfer to baking sheet. Bake until bread cubes are dry but not hard, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl, maintain oven temperature. Butter 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Cook Chorizo in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, crumbling with back of spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion, red peppers and chili; saute until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir Chorizo mixture, cilantro and oregano into bread. Mix in enough broth to moisten. Spoon into prepared dish. Cover with battered foil. (can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill).
- Bake until heated through, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.