My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml yellow cornmeal
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml salt
- 473.18 ml milk (do not use nonfat)
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 453.59 g chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 532.32 ml onions, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 anaheim chili, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 158.51 ml canned chicken broth
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Butter 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- 2Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- 3Whisk milk, oil and eggs in medium bowl to blend.
- 4Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- 5Transfer batter to prepared dish. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 6Cool. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover & let stand at room temperature).
- 7Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 8Cut enough corn bread into 1/2 inch cubes to measure 12 cups (reserve remaining bread for another use). Transfer to baking sheet. Bake until bread cubes are dry but not hard, about 15 minutes.
- 9Transfer to large bowl, maintain oven temperature. Butter 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- 10Cook Chorizo in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, crumbling with back of spoon, about 10 minutes.
- 11Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion, red peppers and chili; saute until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 12Stir Chorizo mixture, cilantro and oregano into bread. Mix in enough broth to moisten. Spoon into prepared dish. Cover with battered foil. (can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill).
- 13Bake until heated through, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.3
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.7 mg
- Sodium 997.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 14.1 g