Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Colleen's recipe (from cookingthisandthat food blog).
Make and share this Colleen's Weeknight Paella recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup yellow rice (Goya)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil, then add rice and stir until it browns lightly (the way you would cook rice-a-roni).
- Stir in shallot and garlic and continue to saute for only about a minute, so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add shrimp, chorizo, and broth. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 18 minutes.
- Remove lid, add parsley and peas and cook until heated through. Continue cooking uncovered until all liquid is absorbed.
Made this for dinner tonight.. we had seen a few Paella shows on Food Network and wanted to try something similar. We also have never tried chorizo sausage either.. but Iw ill say, the family gobbled it up and said it was a "keeper". Thanks for posting, we'll make again!
This is a great, simple dish that packs a lot of flavor. I made this ahead for my husband to reheat, and he gave it high marks. I used some kielbasa in place of the chorizo, as that is what I had. I'd love to try the chorizo as well.