Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno peppers or 1 tablespoon canned jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 whole green pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, drained (red beans/pinto beans could be used as well)
- 1 tomato, diced
- to taste onion (optional)
- to taste sour cream (optional)
- to taste salsa (optional)
- to taste olive, chopped (optional)
- Heat a non-stick pan (or use a teaspoon of oil in regular pan) to saute onions on medium high until clear. Add garlic and saute for one minute. Add beans, pepper, and jalapenos to pan, cook and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Take the pan off the stove, transfer the contents to a bowl. Mash bean mixture until smooth, only adding water if necessary to make puree smooth.
- Place chips on a baking sheet. Spread beans, onions and pepper mixture evenly on top of tortilla chips. Then sprinkle with cheese and diced tomatoes. Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange chopped onions and toppings around serving dish. Each guest tops his or her own nachos with toppings of their choice.
There is NO way that this dish should be under kid pleaser. The jalapeno pepper is way too intense for them. I loved the dish though.