A lovely summery chicken taco with a refreshing salsa, courtesy of "for the love of cooking" site.
- 3 small limes, juice and zest of
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of any fat
Mango and Black Bean Salsa
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (I removed the seeds and veins)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 large lime, juice of
- corn tortilla, warmed
- Cotija cheese
- sour cream
- Place first 8 ingredients in a large zip lock back and combine thoroughly. Add the chicken breasts and mix until the breasts are evenly coated. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Peel and chop the mango. Rinse and drain the black beans. Chop the green onions, jalapeno and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine the lime juice and cumin until well mixed. Place the mango, black beans, green onions, cilantro, and jalapeno in a large bowl. Pour the lime/cumin mixture over and mix gently. Taste - add more lime juice if needed.
- Grill chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked. Let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing into thin slices. Place the corn tortillas in a panini grill for 30 seconds (or cook them in a dry skillet on each side for 45-60 seconds). Layer the warmed tortilla with sour cream, sliced chicken, cotija cheese, mango and black bean salsa. Serve with a side of guacamole and salsa. Enjoy.