Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend who used to live in Ybor City. I expect its fusion cooking since Cubans generally eat Spanish Chorizo and this calls for Mexican. This is fairly strong...be sure to serve over rice or in tortillas.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb good-quality mexican chorizo sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Remove chorizo from casings and add to the frying pan, breaking it up as you brown it.
- Add canned tomatoes, salt and drained beans.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or in tortillas. You can top with cheese, sour cream, cilantro, or green onion.
Fantastic Dish, Thanks for sharing. I did use less chorizo and more diced tomatoes (Whole big can approx 29 ounces) This just gave it more liquid. Served over basmati Rice.