1/1 Photo of Chipotle Grilled Chicken With Avocado Salsa
1 hr 10 mins
This chicken gets a spicy kick from the chipotles in adobo. The avocado salsa cools it down . You can either grill the chicken or roast it in the oven. Please plan ahead as the meat needs to marinate between 2 hours to overnight. From Baja! Cooking on the Edge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 small whole chickens, cut into halves or 3 small whole chickens, cut into quarters
- 1In a food processor, puree the chipotles, garlic, oil, and salt. Wipe the chickens with paper towels. Thoroughly coat the pieces on all sides with a layer of the chipotle paste.
- 2Place in a nonreative baking dish or in resealable bags and refrigerate for 2 hours, or as long as overnight.
- 3Heat the grill to medium. With the lid open, grill the chicken on both sides until well marked but not burned- about 7 minutes per side. Turn the heat to low, close the lid, and cook the chicken, skin side up, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees. (Alternatively, bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.).
- 4Serve with tortillas and salsa.
- 5Avocado Salsa: Place the avocados in a bowl. Sprinkle with the salt an dlime juice; mix gently with the onion and cilantro (don't mash; it should look diced).
- 6Note: this salsa should be served within 3 hours. To help it keep its color, press a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the avocado and refrigerate until needed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Grilled Chicken With Avocado Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1636.5
- Calories from Fat 1113
- Total Fat 123.7 g
- Saturated Fat 32.6 g
- Cholesterol 487.6 mg
- Sodium 753.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 116.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo