1/3 Photos of Chipotle Deviled Eggs
Mrs Goodall's Note:
I really learned to appreciate Chipotles in adobo sauce during the ZWTII. I found this recipe in Bon Appetite Oct. 2006. It's a great take on your typical deviled eggs. Here's a "grate" trick I learned for grating the egg yolks...get a fine mesh sieve (not the very very finest, but a "regular" fine), put the yolks in the sieve and push through the sieve with a spatula. As the yolk pushes through, scrape the bottom of the sieve...continue until all the yolk is pushed through. Gently stir in rest of ingredients. It really made a difference! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- 2Spoon yolks into small bowl; arrange whites on platter.
- 3Finely grate yolks on small holes of box grater into medium bowl.
- 4Mix in mayonnaise, then 2 teaspoon chipotle chiles.
- 5Add more chopped chiles, if desired, for more heat.
- 6Season filling to taste with salt, if desired.
- 7Using pastry bag fitted with 1/2 inch diameter star tip, pipe filling into egg whites.
- 8Cover and chill eggs at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- 9Press 1 cilantro leaf into filling in each egg and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 68.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: