Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the Chili's version of these. I think I've come pretty close to their recipe by trial and error.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef, shaped into two patties
- 1 -2 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce (I use Bufalo brand)
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon
- 2 hamburger buns (good quality from the bakery)
- Grill patties to desired doneness. Just before removing from grill brush all sides with chipotle sauce.
- Top with bleu cheese.
- Assemble burgers using buns, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and pickles.
The fusion of Southwest and France...one with warmth and one with attitude. What more need be said? Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
I love bleu cheese on my burgers, so I knew I was going to enjoy this recipe. I didn't use the bacon because I wanted the bleu cheese and the beef flavors to be the main flavors. I couldn't find chipotle hot sauce so I used the Bufalo brand jalapeno hot sauce. I like spicy food so I sprinkled the hot sauce over the bleu cheese instead of brushing it on the burger. The end result was awesome! I will be making these often. Tip: When forming your patties, make a little well in the center of the patty and your burger won't cook up into a ball shape...the little well formed in the center helps your burger keep the right shape. Thanks for sharing another great recipe, Vicki. Made for September, 2008 Aussie/NZ Swap.