1/2 Photos of Chimichangas Fantastico
An easy and delicious recipe for anybody that loves Mexican cuisine. A great recipe to use your "Shredded Mexican Pork" .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast tortillas until warm and soft over a barbecue grill or in a pan with no oil. Move the tortilla around the pan continuously.
- 2In a bowl mix cheese, shredded pork, and black beans.
- 3Scoop shredded pork mixture into tortillas and roll as a burrito.
- 4Brush burrito with oil and place in an oven at 350°F Bake for approximately 15 minutes until it's browned on the bottom. Turn off bake and broil until chimchanga is browned on top.
- 5--An alternate method to cook the chimichanga is to add a generous amount of corn or peanut oil to a pan and heat untill shimmering. Place chimichanga CAREFULLY seam side down into pan. Allow to brown then flip and brown the other side.
- 6While chimchanga is baking puree chipolte peppers. ( You should have some left over from making the "shredded Mexican pork".) Place 4 spoonfulls into a small bowl add mayonnaise and sour cream. add more chipolte as desired. mix well.
- 7Remove chimchangas from oven and plate. Spoon chipotle sauce over chimchanga and serve.
- 8You may also add about a 1/2 cup rice to the shredded pork mixture to stretch the meat if you don't have enough.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chimichangas Fantastico
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1053.7
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 862.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 44.4 g
- Sugars 49.7 g
- Protein 40.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: