2 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Filling (chilorio): cook pork with water and salt, 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 2Cool and shred.
- 3In blender or food processor make salsa with chiles, oregano, cumin, parsley and garlic.
- 4Add to meat and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens.
- 5Gorditas: Prepare masa as indicated on package; mix with pinch of salt.
- 6Form masa into gorditas (1/2" thick tortillas).
- 7Cook in comal or skillet until lightly golden.
- 8Slice each gordita into halves without separating them.
- 9Spread with beans and fill with chilorio and diced onion.
- 10Serve warm and enjoy!
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilorio Gorditas
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 47.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: