My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 beef skirt steak (about l-1 1/2 pounds)
- 8 small fresh tomatillos, papery skins removed (rinse sticky residue off tomatillos after removing papery skins)
- 2 large fresh anaheim chilies, seeded,cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1Cut beef steak crosswise into three equal pieces.
- 2Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- 3Place beef and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn beef to coat.
- 4Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for one hour.
- 5Soak twelve 9-inch bamboo skewers in water for one hour; drain.
- 6Meanwhile, combine tomatillos,Anaheim peppers and onion wedges in medium bowl.
- 7Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Alternately thread vegetables evenly onto six skewers.
- 10Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- 11Insert remaining skewers into beef pieces in the same direction as the grain (two skewers apiece).
- 12Place beef on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- 13Grill, uncovered, 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- 14Place vegetable skewers on grid around beef.
- 15Grill uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 16Cut beef between skewers to make individual servings.
- 17Season beef and vegetable skewers with salt and pepper as desired.
- 18Serve with Red Pepper-Mango Salsa or Chipotle Cream.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili-Lime-Cumin Beef Skirt Steak Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.3
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 58.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo