1/2 Photos of Chili Lasagna
1 hr 20 mins
Boca Pat's Note:
This is so good. I got this from a woman's world magazine and I made it for superbowl last year and it got a standing ovation!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lasagna noodles (from 16oz pkg)
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1Cook noodles according to pkg directions, drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Crumble beef into nonstick skillet.
- 4Add onion, gr pepper, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chili pwdr, 1/2 tsp salt & pepper.
- 5Cook, stirring until beef is browned; drain
- 6Stir in 3/4 cup enchilada sauce; remove from heat
- 7In bowl lightly beat egg.
- 8Stir in ricotta, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, remaining cumin, chili pwdr and salt.
- 9Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in 13X9 baking dish.
- 10Arrange 3 noodles over sauce.
- 11Spread with cheese mixture.
- 12Top with 3 noodles.
- 13Spread with beef mixture.
- 14Top with remaining noodles.
- 15Spread with remaining enchilada sauce.
- 16Cover with foil, bake 45 minutes.
- 17Remove foil.
- 18Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- 19Bake uncovered until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly about 10-15 minutes
- 20Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 21To Freeze: Flash freeze uncooked, wrap and label.
- 22To Reheat: Defrost overnight, and cook per directions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.0
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 904.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground chuck