My Mom used to make this and this might be the first thing I bake when I get my new oven. This is a recipe from a local cook book "Best Little Cookbook in Texas". I always loved it when she made this.
- Brown beef and onion in a skillet; drain fat.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Place half the chilies in a greased 1 1/2 quart glass oven-proof casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with meat mixture.
- Arrange remaining chilies over meat.
- Combine milk, flour, salt, pepper, eggs and pepper sauce.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour over meat-chili mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes before cutting into squares.