1/3 Photos of Chiles Rellenos Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
My Mom used to make this and this might be the first thing I bake when I get my new oven. This is a recipe from a local cook book "Best Little Cookbook in Texas". I always loved it when she made this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown beef and onion in a skillet; drain fat.
- 2Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- 3Place half the chilies in a greased 1 1/2 quart glass oven-proof casserole dish.
- 4Sprinkle with cheese and top with meat mixture.
- 5Arrange remaining chilies over meat.
- 6Combine milk, flour, salt, pepper, eggs and pepper sauce.
- 7Beat until smooth.
- 8Pour over meat-chili mixture.
- 9Bake uncovered at 350 F for 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 10Let cool 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 144.2 mg
- Sodium 635.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 25.4 g