Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Or Burgers For The Tourist. If you enjoy Mexican flavors you're going to love this.
Make and share this Chile Rellenos Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- Shape beef into four patties.
- Mix chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown patties on both sides.
- Top each with mixed spices and then the onion.
- Reduce heat, cover, cook slowly for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Top each patty with chilies and a slice of cheese.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and ketchup. Place burgers on buns. Serve with the salsa mixture and sour cream.
We all loved these burgers! The only modification I made was to use fresh jalapeno peppers from my garden, which we grilled along wih the burgers. Delicious! Thanks for sharing such a good recipe.
Loved these burgers! The combination of the cumin and chili powder really gave the burgers a great taste and the combo of the ketsup and salsa was wonderful as well. We used pepper-jack cheese so I did not use the green chilies; however, I love them and will use them next time because believe me, there will be a next time. Made for the Everyday is a Holiday tag, December, 2011.
update..cannot stress enough how good this technique is and how yummy Super burgers! The flavor was excellent but there were two things that made these special. One was the cooking method. I had never used the add, cover, add, cover method before and when you arent doing a bbq this was perfect. The heat from the cover cooks them evenly and to be frank the steam stops the hard black crust which you sometimes get from a skillet. Secondly adding the seasoning on top, instead of all mixed in gives the full flavor but allows people to decide how much or how little of the spicing they might want.