Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This vodka is used throughout the southwest in bloody marys. To make a traditional southwestern vodka, you can also use jalepenos!
- 8 dried small red chilies, left whole
- 1 quart vodka
- Put the chiles in the bottle of vodka.
- Let the vodka sit for a week.
- At the end of the week, taste the vodka.
- Is it hot enough: If hot enough, strain out the peppers and use the vodka.
- If not hot enough, return to shelf.
Ok.. OK... I'm not fond of Vodka... But I love a gin martini. This works great with GIN, too!! I usually stuff my olives with long, skinny, pickled hot peppers, too.
This is a great recipe!!! My great friend Mark went crazy over this vodka!!! He has alredy made plans on what he is going to make with it. I made this with 2 cups of vodka and 4 jaleoenos. I let it sit for 4 days. this will be made in large batch next time!!
WOW!!! A keeper!! I love the burn!