1/1 Photo of Chile Macaroni Con Queso Style
This is a typical kid friendly comfort food meal. My own variation of a recipe from a good friend. It is a simple meal to make and great for a cold winter day dinner. If you like cheese as I do, you may add more then indicted below. You may substitute low fat shredded cheese and/or low carb elbows if desired. Serve with a salad and your done!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (with jalapenos if you like, I prefer jalapenos)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag cheddar cheese or 1 (8 ounce) bag monterey jack cheese or 1 (8 ounce) bag Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 -2 green onions (optional) or 1 -2 scallion, chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1Cook macaroni according to directions on the macaroni box.
- 2Drain and set aside to cool.
- 3Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning.
- 4In a large bowl add cooled elbows, ground beef, two cans of diced tomatoes.
- 5Mix all ingredients.
- 6Add 3/4 of the shredded cheese bag to bowl and mix.
- 7Transfer ingredients to a large lasagna pan.
- 8Add remaining cheese and put on top of the casserole.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Macaroni Con Queso Style
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.2
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 1156.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 46.5 g