1/1 Photo of Chile-Fried Shrimp
Midwest Maven's Note:
I love shrimp and these have lots of flavor. And you can adjust the spiciness to your own preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the chile powder, cayenne, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- 2Put the oil in a large skillet over med/high heat.
- 3Toss the shrimp in the spice mixture to coat.
- 4When the oil in hot(a pinch of cornmeal will sizzle), toss in about half the shrimp or whatever number will fit in one layer.
- 5Turn the heat to high and cook until brown on one side.
- 6Then turn and brown the other side, adjusting the heat so the shrimp brown without burning, 4-5 minutes total.
- 7Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- 8Garnish and serve with the lime or lemon.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile-Fried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.6
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 292.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 35.4 g