Chef #363899's Note:
heard about this reciepe from a tv show. it's great!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 ears corn on the cob
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 chipotle pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Heat grill pan to high and a soup pot to med-high.
- 2Drizzle oil on corn and place on grill pan.
- 3Add the red pepper to grill with corn.
- 4Char your vegetables for 10 minutes, total, turning often.
- 5Remove for 5 minutes to cool.
- 6Then remove charred skin from the pepper.
- 7Dice the chicken as your vegetables are cooking and add 2 tablespoons oil and chicken stock to the hot soup pot.
- 8Season with poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- 9Lightly brown the chicken.
- 10Add onions, zucchini, garlic, and chipotle peppers.
- 11Cook mixture for 5-7 minutes.
- 12Add tomato sauce and tomatoes to the stock.
- 13Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a med-low.
- 14Scrape corn off of the cob and add it to the soup.
- 15Chop grilled red peppers and stir into the soup.
- 16Add the tortilla chips.
- 17Serve immediately with shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream garnished on the top.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (838 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.8
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 1305.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 45.6 g