Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
heard about this reciepe from a tv show. it's great!!
Make and share this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 ears corn on the cob
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 chipotle pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat grill pan to high and a soup pot to med-high.
- Drizzle oil on corn and place on grill pan.
- Add the red pepper to grill with corn.
- Char your vegetables for 10 minutes, total, turning often.
- Remove for 5 minutes to cool.
- Then remove charred skin from the pepper.
- Dice the chicken as your vegetables are cooking and add 2 tablespoons oil and chicken stock to the hot soup pot.
- Season with poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Lightly brown the chicken.
- Add onions, zucchini, garlic, and chipotle peppers.
- Cook mixture for 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and tomatoes to the stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a med-low.
- Scrape corn off of the cob and add it to the soup.
- Chop grilled red peppers and stir into the soup.
- Add the tortilla chips.
- Serve immediately with shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream garnished on the top.