We came up with this recipe in the Firehouse. It's quickly became one of our favorites. It comes out with the taste of homemade tamales without all the trouble. Try it you won't be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canned creamed corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy or Martha White)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) canned red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- 2Combine 1/2 Cheese and next 7 ingredients (through Chill's) in a large bowl,Stir until blended.
- 3Pour mixture into a 13X9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until set.
- 5Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork and then pour enchilada sauce covering top.
- 6Top with shredded chicken and remaining cheese.
- 7Bake again at 400 degrees for 15 minutes remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes cut up and serve with sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tamale Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.2
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 1104.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 23.9 g