Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We came up with this recipe in the Firehouse. It's quickly became one of our favorites. It comes out with the taste of homemade tamales without all the trouble. Try it you won't be disappointed.
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canned creamed corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy or Martha White)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) canned red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Combine 1/2 Cheese and next 7 ingredients (through Chill's) in a large bowl,Stir until blended.
- Pour mixture into a 13X9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until set.
- Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork and then pour enchilada sauce covering top.
- Top with shredded chicken and remaining cheese.
- Bake again at 400 degrees for 15 minutes remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes cut up and serve with sour cream.