1/1 Photo of Chicken Suiza Cornbread Bake
A wonderful Mexican inspired casserole. I got this one from my aunt. She's been making this for years, and it's one of my uncles favorites, and he usually doesn't like Mexican cuisine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- 3Melt butter in small skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until tender, stirring constantly.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a large bowl, combine corn, cream style corn, eggs and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Add corn muffin mix-mix well.
- 9Fold in cooked onion mixture.
- 10Pour into greased dish.
- 11In a large bowl, combine all topping ingredients, except cheese, mix well.
- 12Spoon over corn bread to within 1 inch of edges.
- 13Sprinkle with cheese.
- 14Bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Suiza Cornbread Bake
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.7
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 780.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: