Red Apple Guy's Note:
A healthier alternative to chili relleno. Low in fat, full of flavor, and fun to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I like to cook the chicken breasts in a crock pot as they are tender and easy to shred.
- 2Roast the poblanos either under the broiler on the grill until at least half of the skin is charred black.
- 3Place the chiles in a zip-lock bag and let steam for about 20 minutes.
- 4Prepare enchilada sauce.
- 5Carefully remove the outer skin from the chiles.
- 6Cut a slit in the chiles and carefully remove the seeds. Don't be overly concerned about the peppers splitting.
- 7Mix the chicken with 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce, salt, pepper, onion powder and one half of the cheese.
- 8Stuff the chiles.
- 9Spray a casserole dish with vegetable spray and place the peppers in the dish.
- 10Cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
- 11Bake in a 375°F oven until the peppers are heated through and the cheese is melted (about 20 minutes).
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stuffed Chiles (Poblano Peppers)
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.2
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 1094.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 24.5 g