Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healthier alternative to chili relleno. Low in fat, full of flavor, and fun to cook.
Make and share this Chicken Stuffed Chiles (Poblano Peppers) recipe from Food.com.
- I like to cook the chicken breasts in a crock pot as they are tender and easy to shred.
- Roast the poblanos either under the broiler on the grill until at least half of the skin is charred black.
- Place the chiles in a zip-lock bag and let steam for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare enchilada sauce.
- Carefully remove the outer skin from the chiles.
- Cut a slit in the chiles and carefully remove the seeds. Don't be overly concerned about the peppers splitting.
- Mix the chicken with 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce, salt, pepper, onion powder and one half of the cheese.
- Stuff the chiles.
- Spray a casserole dish with vegetable spray and place the peppers in the dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake in a 375°F oven until the peppers are heated through and the cheese is melted (about 20 minutes).