Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love to eat these for dinner; they're fast and easy. They are low in fat too! You can also throw in some rice and add sour cream for dipping along with the salsa. I cook the chicken in the oven (marinated in luisiana hot sauce and salsa) and then I make the Quesadillas when the chicken is still hot. You can also use previously cooked chicken.
- Place one tortilla in fry pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Scoop one tablespoon of salsa onto tortilla and spread over to cover it (not too much).
- Layer 1/2 each of the cheese, chicken and green onion.
- Place another tortilla on top, spray tortilla with cooking spray.
- Heat until golden brown, then turn over and brown other side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Slice in pie wedges.
- Serve with salsa.
Tasty, quick, healthy!
Fantastic - thanks for posting.
I have been making quesadillas like this for years. It is a great way to use up some left over chicken and such a fast easy meal!
The only reason I am giving this 4 stars is because I didn't have any salsa or green onion. I chopped some tomato and added it to some cooked, white rice for on the side. This was a delicious and easy recipe. Instead of doing these in a frying pan, I used burrito-size flour tortillas, folded them in half over filling and baked them in a 425 oven for 12-15 min. Thank you for the great recipe! :)