Chicken, Penne,Pesto & Sundried tomatoes... oh yes. This gem comes from my Best of Arizona Cookbook contributed by the 5 star Armadillo Grill. The cayenne pepper brings a little zing, if you want more hot... add more.
- 10 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers (cut in 1/2-inch strips)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 cups white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (julienned)
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Preheat broiler and place chicken breasts and red pepper strips to baking sheet, sprinkle with cayene; broil until golden brown (about 20 minutes); set aside, and slice chicken in diagonal pieces.
- Begin cooking pasta until al dente.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and saute' onion and garlic.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce liquid, adding tomatoes & cook 3-4 minutes.
- Then add pesto, cream and seasonings, stir until fully incorporated.
- Add drained pasta to sauce and toss, then divide mixture among 4 warm plates and top each with chicken slices and red peppers.
- Garnish with Parmesan and fresh basil leaves.