1/2 Photos of Chicken Penne Armadillo Grill
Chicken, Penne,Pesto & Sundried tomatoes... oh yes. This gem comes from my Best of Arizona Cookbook contributed by the 5 star Armadillo Grill. The cayenne pepper brings a little zing, if you want more hot... add more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers (cut in 1/2-inch strips)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato (julienned)
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1Preheat broiler and place chicken breasts and red pepper strips to baking sheet, sprinkle with cayene; broil until golden brown (about 20 minutes); set aside, and slice chicken in diagonal pieces.
- 2Begin cooking pasta until al dente.
- 3In a saucepan, heat oil and saute' onion and garlic.
- 4Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce liquid, adding tomatoes & cook 3-4 minutes.
- 5Then add pesto, cream and seasonings, stir until fully incorporated.
- 6Add drained pasta to sauce and toss, then divide mixture among 4 warm plates and top each with chicken slices and red peppers.
- 7Garnish with Parmesan and fresh basil leaves.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Penne Armadillo Grill
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.7
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 372.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: