Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy make ahead chicken dish that is cheesy, creamy and full of flavor. Can garnish with sliced tomatoes and sliced avocado. From the cookbook, Rare Collection by the Junior League of Galveston TX.
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into large chunks
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream until smooth.
- Blend in salt, garlic powder, and green chilies.
- Add chicken, rice, cheese, tomatoes, and soup. Pour into shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with corn chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes uncovered.
- If making ahead will need to increase cooking time.
This rocked. My family loved it. I didn't have green chiles, so I chopped up some pickled Jalepeno instead and used a small jar of pimentos instead of tomatoes. The only other thing I would change next time is the amount! I need to double this one! Went from oven to GONE in less than 20 minutes!
This was easy and delicious. I was afraid it might be too rich, but my daughter loved it and my fiance' had 3 helpings (he's not usually a big eater). I left out the tomatoes, and used 2 10.5 oz cans of cream of chicken (couldn't find the reduced fat version).
I made this using ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese. I then left off the corn chips because I didn't have any. The final result was very creamy & cheesy. Made for Photo Tag