1/1 Photo of Chicken Monterey
Vicki in CT's Note:
This is an easy make ahead chicken dish that is cheesy, creamy and full of flavor. Can garnish with sliced tomatoes and sliced avocado. From the cookbook, Rare Collection by the Junior League of Galveston TX.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into large chunks
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 10 3/4 ounces reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Blend cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream until smooth.
- 3Blend in salt, garlic powder, and green chilies.
- 4Add chicken, rice, cheese, tomatoes, and soup. Pour into shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- 5Top with corn chips.
- 6Bake for 25-30 minutes uncovered.
- 7If making ahead will need to increase cooking time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Monterey
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.7
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 672.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cream of chicken soup