This is an easy make ahead chicken dish that is cheesy, creamy and full of flavor. Can garnish with sliced tomatoes and sliced avocado. From the cookbook, Rare Collection by the Junior League of Galveston TX.
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into large chunks
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream until smooth.
- Blend in salt, garlic powder, and green chilies.
- Add chicken, rice, cheese, tomatoes, and soup. Pour into shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with corn chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes uncovered.
- If making ahead will need to increase cooking time.