Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I wanted a soup reminiscent of my favorite Mexican food...FAJITAS...and this is what I came up with.! I prefer to make this in a slow cooker. The aroma fills the whole house...yummy! I serve this with tortilla chips, grated cheese and sour cream for toppers.
- 2 tablespoons Mrs Dash southwest chipotle seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix spices together in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle liberally with the spice mix.
- Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Add cooked chicken to the crockpot.
- Add all the vegetables.
- Dump in the soups. beans and creamed corn and stir.
- Once soup has heated up, stir in the cheese.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Keep the hose handy to cool off your pipes with this yummy, spicy soup! Instead of the crockpot, I pulled this together on the stove top and simmered about an hour. Next time, I'll cut back a bit on the chipotle and chili powder. We love spicy, but we found this just a bit too much for our tastes. Rather than mix in the cheese, I served each bowl with a sprinkling of cheese on top. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious, we really enjoyed this. I just added a little more spice. Thanks!