Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of those recipes you make up by accident. I found some chili pepper flavored pasta, and had to try it, then had to figure out what to do with it. This is what I came up with using ingredients I always have around. If you can't find Chili Pepper pasta, use regular, or feel free to sub another flavor.
- 1 (12 2/3 ounce) package chili pepper pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 6 lime wedges
- tortilla chips (to garnish) (optional)
- fresh cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. set aside and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into strips, coat with taco seasoning.
- Cut onion and bell pepper into strips.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick pan, over medium high heat. Add chicken, and cook through. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- If needed, add remaining oil to pan. Add onion and peppers, cook until slightly softened.
- Portion pasta onto plates, top with chicken, peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese, top with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole, garnish with lime wedges, cilantro, and chips.
I've never seen chili pepper pasta but will definitely be on the lookout now! This recipe was really beyond my expectations. DH doesn't like spaghetti noodles in anything, but I thought they would look the best with the slices of chicken, onion & peppers (I used green, red & orange bell peppers) & to my surprise he said that this is the first recipe he's ever enjoyed spagetti noodles with! I didn't have any quacamole left, used my own homemade taco seasoning recipe (chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and dried onion flakes) & I really wouldn't change anything, but would like to try Fajita Seasoning Mix that I have made up with this next time. We'll make this one again as it's super quick & easy for a weeknight menu! Thanks, Emmy! Made for ZWT 5 - Ali Baba's Babes. :)