Denise Nachtigal's Note:
I received this recipe from a friend as part of a wedding gift. I never tried it until recently, and my husband and I LOVED it! I've made it a couple times since, and he's always happy to take the left-overs to work the next day. I use the 10 pack of small tortillas for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken into chunks and cook in butter until done.
- 2Add onions and more butter if necessary.
- 3Saute until onions are tender.
- 4Add chili powder.
- 5In a seperate bowl, mix the sour cream and soup.
- 6Add half of mixture to the chicken and onions.
- 7Spoon SOME of the sour cream mixture into a 9 x 13 pan, coating the bottom (I use a glass dish and it works just as well as a metal pan).
- 8Spoon chicken mixture into tortillas and roll.
- 9Place tortillas in the baking pan, seam side down.
- 10Spread the rest of the cream mixture over the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese on top.
- 11Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- 12Serve hot.
- 13If there's any left over sour cream or sour cream mixture, serve it as well!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 616.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 29.8 g