1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchiladas
homemade enchilada sauce is so good you wont want canned again. freezes great and family always loves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (or onion powder for picky kids)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 inches tortillas (approx. 12 or can can use bigger but makes less)
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mexican or favorite cheese)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1I cooked cubed chicken in a little oil and season salt to taste. once cooked i cool and shred. while cooling. heat veg. oil and saute onion and garlic to soften.
- 2Stir in broth, spices, and tomato sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides and soften. place shredded chicken (fill to your liking), some shredded cheese and drizzle a little enchilada sauce onto it.
- 4Roll tortilla around filling tight. Place in 9 x 13 inch pan. do until all filled.
- 5pour remaining sauce on top. Top with more shredded cheese.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 10 min to melt cheese. I serve with sour cream, salsa and sides of mexican rice and refried beans.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 1023.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: