Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These enchiladas are super easy, delicious and somewhat weight watcher friendly. Chimichangas, Tacos, and Mexican pizzas can also be made from the Chicken base recipe - use your imagination for other variations. See those posts for recipes.
Chicken Base Recipe
- 8 ounces shredded cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use store roasted chicken or 2 half breasts simmered in water until cooked. (Tip shred chicken whi)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 12 ounces deli style salsa
- sour cream (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
- olive (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- chicken base
- 0.5 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce, green (or red if you prefer)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 16 ounces shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 12 sliced olives
- Cover bottom of baking dish with thin layer of sauce.
- Warm tortilla's between paper towels til pliable (15-20 seconds in mircowave).
- In center of each tortilla place scant 1/4 C of chicken base mix and.
- 1oz Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- Roll tortilla - enchilada style.
- Place rolled tortillas, edge down, in sauce layered baking dish pour remaining sauce over all, top with remaining cheese and sliced olives.
- Bake 350° until cheese is bubbly about 15-20 minutes.
- serve immediately.