Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got this from a friend and love it, very simple, can make ahead of time, Ingedients can be altered to fat free if desired. I usually boil the chicken but if you would like to fry it for more flavor.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 -2 cup mexican cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 onion, sauteed
- 1 (21 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (Las Palmas is the best)
- 8 large flour tortillas
- cut up cooked chicken set aside.
- mix in large bowl 1/2 the shredded cheese 1/4 of the enchilada sauce and rest of ingredients. Add chicken and mix well.
- Lay out tortillas on flat surface and evenly distribute chicken mix in middle of tortillas, roll and place them seam side down in a row into a 9x13 greased pan ( pam works good). This will be a tight fit in the pan so roll them tightly making sure the insides are spread from end to end. You can decrease servings, if needed.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top, with rubber scraper separate enchiladas to get sauce in between them.
- then sprinkle with remaining cheese, cover with foil and bake. time will depend on, if it was refrigerated it will be a longer cook time. Uncover last 10 minute serve with lettuce, tomatos, black olives, sour cream, splanish rice, refried beans or black, chips and salsa or whatever you want!
Oh.My... this is... absolutely wonderful. We wanted to cook up some stuff to freeze and not only did these freeze nicely, but they were SO good. Even my kids gobbled them up! A keeper for sure! We did put a can of rotel over the top as well as extra cheese.
Please note there is not a cooking temp or how long it is to cook. I cooked for 20 mins with foil on at 425 degree oven. I then cooked with foil off for 10 mins. It was cooked perfectly, hot and bubbly. I am not thrilled with this recipe. The first few bites I enjoyed but as I continued the flavor became heavy and dry. I think if I ever make it again I will use a small amount more enchilada sauce and corn tortillas. My husband did enjoy it, but was also not one of his favorites.