Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is truly deicious! A great way to use leftover chicken.
Make and share this Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cut tortillas into 1 inch strips and set aside.
- Shred chicken and mix with soup, water, green chilies and onion.
- Line bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with 1/2 the tortilla strips.
- Spread half the chicken/soup mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with half od the cheeses.
- Layer remaining strips and chicken mixture then top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Garnish with sliced green onion and tomato.
I made something similar to this recipe the only difference is I used cream of chicken soup and added some taco seasoning instead of the chilies. I think it would also be good with a can of rotel mixed in or enchilada sauce. You can also leave the tortillas whole or in larger pieces. Next time I would remember to spray the bottom first with non-stick. Only took me 25 min to cook. Super easy to put together and yummy!
I've made this a few times and have modified it a bit for my family's tastes. I use cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom and spice it up with a little ground cayenne pepper mixed in. I use a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilis instead of just chilis. I use 2 cups regular cheese since I found that the lowfat didn't melt well. It's really good and is even better the next day. Thanks for posting!