1/4 Photos of Chicken Enchilada Bake With Salsa Cream Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe, but it's a real favorite with my grandkids. I usually make it earlier in the day and then pop it into the oven when ready for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or 1 1/2 cups broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 10 corn tortillas, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 6 green onions, including some
- 1 cup black olives, canned, pitted and drained
- 2 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- lime wedge, for garnish
- papaya, slices for garnish
- 1In a medium pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- 2Add flour and blend.
- 3Whisk in stock, salt and pepper.
- 4Stir until mixture boils and is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in sour cream and salsa and mix well.
- 7Cover the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1/3 of the sauce.
- 8Scatter half of the tortilla strips on top.
- 9Next scatter the chicken, onions, olives and half the cheese, and pour 1/3 of the sauce over all.
- 10Top with remaining tortillas, sauce and cheese.
- 11Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 12Bake, covered 30 minutes.
- 13Remove cover and bake until bubbly, about 15 minutes more.
- 14Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 15Garnish with lime wedges and papaya slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Bake With Salsa Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.2
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 116.1 mg
- Sodium 871.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 32.5 g