1/3 Photos of Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
1 hr 15 mins
I love this recipe. I got it from the Taste of Home web site, it was a recipe submitted to them by Diane Witmer of Spencer, Wisconsin. I added 1 extra can of green chilies, used Monterey Pepper Jack, Cheddar cheese and used 10 in flour tortillas. This was creamy, cheesy, just wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed (6 inches)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, chilies and olives. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- 2Add the chicken, 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese and 2 cups Cheddar cheese to remaining soup mixture, mix.
- 3Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13-x9x2-inch baking dish. Top with reserved soup mixture.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; top with onions (I put the onions on first since I wanted more onion flavor in the enchiladas and then cheese on top, the onion mixed in with the cheese great as you can see in the picture).
- 6Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1013.6
- Calories from Fat 601
- Total Fat 66.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.4 g
- Cholesterol 217.4 mg
- Sodium 1573.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 60.5 g