Crunchy, cheesy, and delicious. From Some Like it Hot by the Junior League of McAllen TX. Whenever we grill we always cook extra chicken for chalupas, enchiladas, paninis, etc. This recipe can easily be halved.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion, include the tops
- 2 large pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (if you like the heat use the seeds too)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno juice, from the jars
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos (chopped and drained)
- 12 -18 crisp fried flat corn tortillas (known as Chalupas)
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- diced onion
- guacamole (Guadalupe's Guacamole)
- Mix chicken with green onions, jalapenos, pepper juice, pimentos and sour cream.
- Spread over chalupa shells.
- Top with some grated cheese.
- Broil until bubbly.
- Top with topping ingredients.