1/4 Photos of Chicken Chalupas
Vicki in CT's Note:
Crunchy, cheesy, and delicious. From Some Like it Hot by the Junior League of McAllen TX. Whenever we grill we always cook extra chicken for chalupas, enchiladas, paninis, etc. This recipe can easily be halved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion, include the tops
- 2 large pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (if you like the heat use the seeds too)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno juice, from the jars
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos (chopped and drained)
- 12 -18 crisp fried flat corn tortillas (known as Chalupas)
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 1Mix chicken with green onions, jalapenos, pepper juice, pimentos and sour cream.
- 2Spread over chalupa shells.
- 3Top with some grated cheese.
- 4Broil until bubbly.
- 5Top with topping ingredients.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chalupas
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.6
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.4 mg
- Sodium 348.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 42.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled jalapeno peppers