Easy to put together! My Mom gave this to me when I moved into my first apartment. It makes 8 big ones so you'll definitely have tasty leftovers! I like to add some chili powder and garlic to my chicken while it cooks, too. Also, I always keep a bag of frozen breasts ready to go; they're great for this recipe. Go ahead and substitute any meat, steak or ground turkey. Delicious served with sour cream or guacamole!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook chicken in skillet with seasonings to taste.
- While chicken cooks, mix together refried beans, 16 oz salsa, 1 cup of cheese, onion and tomato.
- Shred cooked chicken and add to bean mixture.
- Put 1/8 of mixture into each tortilla, roll and place in ungreased 9x13x2 inch pan.
- Pour the other 16 oz salsa over burritos.
- Bake in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the last 2 cups of cheese over the burritos.
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and brown.