Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to put together! My Mom gave this to me when I moved into my first apartment. It makes 8 big ones so you'll definitely have tasty leftovers! I like to add some chili powder and garlic to my chicken while it cooks, too. Also, I always keep a bag of frozen breasts ready to go; they're great for this recipe. Go ahead and substitute any meat, steak or ground turkey. Delicious served with sour cream or guacamole!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook chicken in skillet with seasonings to taste.
- While chicken cooks, mix together refried beans, 16 oz salsa, 1 cup of cheese, onion and tomato.
- Shred cooked chicken and add to bean mixture.
- Put 1/8 of mixture into each tortilla, roll and place in ungreased 9x13x2 inch pan.
- Pour the other 16 oz salsa over burritos.
- Bake in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the last 2 cups of cheese over the burritos.
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and brown.
I am on a casse-roll right now, so this baked burrito recipe was just perfect. In addition to salsa, I made my own with chopped canned tomatoes and jalepenos, garlic and spices. I also added canned green chiles and used black beans instead of refried. I spiced up the chicken with chili powder and ceyenne pepper. I also added chopped green onions to the top for the last 5 minutes and served with avocado and a small dollop of sour cream. Delicious.
My husband and three boys really enjoyed this recipe. I appreciated the quick prep and readily available ingredients.
Delicious!! I halved this recipe since it was only DH and me eating it!! We still had leftovers. I used a chicken breast that I already had cooked up. I just warmed it up then shredded it. I used refried beans that I made. This was very easy to put together and oh so Delicous! I will be making this again!!