1/3 Photos of Chicken and White Bean Chili
A spicy but not too hot, hearty and healthy red Chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons flour
The soup base
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 anaheim chili, seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1/2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- salt and pepper
- 1For the marinade, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 2Add chicken breasts and let marinade at least 10 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- 3Grill chicken until cooked through. (You could use a fry pan or broiler if you wish).
- 4When cooked through, wrap loosely in heavy duty foil and let rest 10 minutes before dicing into 1/2" cubes.
- 5Toss chicken cubes with flour and set aside.
- 6For the soup base, heat a large pot over medium heat, then add onion, garlic, jalepeno, anaheim, and carrot. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are translucent.
- 7Add tomatoes, beans, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, and chipotles. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8Add flour coated chicken to pot along with the water (add extra later on if its too thick). Cook 5 minutes or until raw flour taste is gone.
- 9Remove from heat and add corn.
- 10Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and White Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 300.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
chipotle chiles in adobo