Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tired of Taco night? Try this simple tasty change to the normal burrito.
Make and share this Chicken and Refried Beans Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- Trim breast and pound to 1/4 inch cutlets. Completely coat cutlets in a 50/50 mixture of Chili Powder and Cumin. In a large pre-heated oil-coated skillet, fry cutlets until cooked through over med-high heat. Let cutlets cool for 10-15 minutes then cut into bite-size strips.
- Heat Refried Beans over low heat while letting chicken cool and cutting vegetables.
- Dice tomato into bite-size pieces. Mince onion and jalapenos (seeded or not depending on your heat preference).
- When chicken is able to be handled comfortably and beans are heated through, you can begin assembly. Spread 1/4 of the refried beans on one side of tortilla leaving about a 1/2 to 1 inch of uncoated tortilla around the edges. Fill the center of bean coated tortilla with chicken, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and cheese. Roll up the tortilla into the shape of a burrito.
- In a large skillet (Preferably cast iron, but not necessary) preheated to medium and sprayed with PAM or lightly coated with butter, placed burritos in the pan with the folds face down. Cover and fry for about 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 more minutes while covered. Tortilla shell should become nicely toasted.
- Serve with Salsa and or Guacamole on the side. I also make some Spanish rice to go along with this dish as well. Enjoy!