Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tired of Taco night? Try this simple tasty change to the normal burrito.
Make and share this Chicken and Refried Beans Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- Trim breast and pound to 1/4 inch cutlets. Completely coat cutlets in a 50/50 mixture of Chili Powder and Cumin. In a large pre-heated oil-coated skillet, fry cutlets until cooked through over med-high heat. Let cutlets cool for 10-15 minutes then cut into bite-size strips.
- Heat Refried Beans over low heat while letting chicken cool and cutting vegetables.
- Dice tomato into bite-size pieces. Mince onion and jalapenos (seeded or not depending on your heat preference).
- When chicken is able to be handled comfortably and beans are heated through, you can begin assembly. Spread 1/4 of the refried beans on one side of tortilla leaving about a 1/2 to 1 inch of uncoated tortilla around the edges. Fill the center of bean coated tortilla with chicken, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and cheese. Roll up the tortilla into the shape of a burrito.
- In a large skillet (Preferably cast iron, but not necessary) preheated to medium and sprayed with PAM or lightly coated with butter, placed burritos in the pan with the folds face down. Cover and fry for about 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 more minutes while covered. Tortilla shell should become nicely toasted.
- Serve with Salsa and or Guacamole on the side. I also make some Spanish rice to go along with this dish as well. Enjoy!
Made this for dinner last night. I sliced the chicken, then coated the slices with the seasoning. I stir fried them and then put the burritos together. I microwaved the tortillas first, then filled and rolled them. I only warmed them enough to melt the cheese as I didn't want crispy burritos. I served them with mexican rice. We really enjoyed this great recipe. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
This was a life saver tonight! I needed something for dinner, but didn't have much on hand. I made it a little differently since I didn't have tortillas. I sliced the fresh chicken into thin slices, then heavily sprinkled each piece with the 50/50 chili powder/cumin. I fried each piece until done then placed a few on a plate and topped them with salsa, sour cream and cheese. I served refried beans on the side. So Wonderful!! Even my husband approved and declared this one a "keeper". Can't wait to try it the way the recipe describes. Although I will probably still slice the chicken before I cook it.
I liked this recipe. It was simple and there are a bunch of other things that you can add to your burritos. I grilled my jalapenos and onions before assembly.Thanks definitly will make again.