Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this on the back of a Kraft cheese bag and thought it looked yummy. I'm pretty sure I will have to change this up a bit...maybe add onions, garlic and tomatoes. I'll update after I make this next week...
- 4 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups light sour cream, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) packagemexican shredded taco cheese, divided
- 16 corn tortillas, warmed (6 inch)
- 3 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce, warmed
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix chicken, chilies and 1 cup each sour cream and cheese; spoon down centers of tortillas. Roll up.
- Spread 1 cup sauce onto bottom of 13x9 pan. Add enchiladas, seam-sides down; top with remaining sauce. Cover.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes or until melted. Serve topped with remaining sour cream.
Muy Bueno! DS made this for our lunch and rated it a 5 immediately. If you looking for an easy dish for leftover poultry, this is it! He used queso blanco para fundir from Chihuahua for the cheese and plain low fat yogurt for the sour cream. Gracias, Lazy Chef 2 for a wonderful Mexican dish. Made for ZWT5 for Zaar Chow Hounds.