1/3 Photos of Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
A little different version of a family favorite. Whenever we grill or smoke chicken I always request that my husband do a little extra, so that there is enough to make chicken enchiladas the next night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In resealable plastic bag, mix taco seasoning, oil and 1/4 cup of water. Add chicken pieces; turn to mix. Refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- 3In medium bowl, mix 2 1/2 cups of Monterey Cheese, cilantro, salt, ricotta cheese, chiles, and egg.
- 4Heat 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken with marinade; cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- 5In ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish, mix 1/2 cup of the salsa and remaining 1/4 cup water. Spread evenly in bottom of baking dish.
- 6Spoon 1/3 cup cheese mixture down center of each tortilla. Top with chicken; roll up. Place filled tortillas, seam side down, over salsa mixture in baking dish.
- 7Drizzle enchiladas with remaining salsa. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese.
- 8Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.5
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 167.0 mg
- Sodium 1391.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 46.3 g