Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For days when there are not enough hours in the day. These burritos make a great last minute supper. You can also pack and freeze them all in one big dish or wrap them up seperately for individual portions for during the week. Great for a mexican style dinner!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (Chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (Minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (Seeded and minced)
- 1 sweet red pepper (Chopped)
- 19 ounces black beans (Drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (Shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until softened, about 3 minute.
- Add chicken, jalapeno, red pepper, beans and salsa; cook, stirring, until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minute
- Let cool.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup of the filling down centre of each tortilla; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Fold in bottom edge, then sides; roll up.
- Place, seam down, in greased 13x9 inch glass backing dish, sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Back in 400 degree oven until golden and hot, and cheese is melted, about 15 minute
- Serve with sour cream.
- If baking from frozen, loosely cover dish with foil, and bake in a 400 degree oven until golden and hot, about 25-30 minute.
Fabulous. I had some chicken already cooked and shredded, so I used that and reduced the cooking time a bit here. Next time I might try adding some Mexican oregano to the filling, but it was delicious as written.
Love this recipe! So easy and delish!! Makes pleny of leftovers. They were great frozen and reaheated too!!
Very tasty! I was amazed at how easy it was to make too. I'll be making this again!