Purdy Good Cook's Note:
For days when there are not enough hours in the day. These burritos make a great last minute supper. You can also pack and freeze them all in one big dish or wrap them up seperately for individual portions for during the week. Great for a mexican style dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (Chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (Minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (Seeded and minced)
- 1 sweet red pepper (Chopped)
- 19 ounces black beans (Drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (Shredded)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until softened, about 3 minute.
- 2Add chicken, jalapeno, red pepper, beans and salsa; cook, stirring, until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minute
- 3Let cool.
- 4Spoon about 3/4 cup of the filling down centre of each tortilla; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Fold in bottom edge, then sides; roll up.
- 5Place, seam down, in greased 13x9 inch glass backing dish, sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- 6Back in 400 degree oven until golden and hot, and cheese is melted, about 15 minute
- 7Serve with sour cream.
- 8If baking from frozen, loosely cover dish with foil, and bake in a 400 degree oven until golden and hot, about 25-30 minute.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Black Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.0
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 540.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas