1/6 Photos of Chicken Aguascalientes
1 hr 10 mins
A great country style chicken with its origins based in Mexico. Pan fried potatoes the perfect side for sopping up the pan sauce that comes from the chicken and tomatoes. This is a favorite in our household. We serve with shredded lettuce, jalapenos and fried potatoes. (The ingredients in country recipes tend to be rough chopped)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken, bone in and cut up
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and rough chopped (Caned tomatoes do not work well with this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2In 12 inch skillet brown chicken in cooking oil about 15 minutes.
- 3Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes more.
- 4Add tomatoes, lemon juice, sugar, salt, oregano, cinnamon, cloves, and 1/2 cup water. Cover; simmer 30 to 35 minutes or till chicken is tender.
- 5Remove chicken to platter, keep warm.
- 6Measure pan juices; add water to make 2 cups. Return to skillet.
- 7Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water; add to skillet. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- 8Spoon some sauce over chicken; pass remainding sauce.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Aguascalientes
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 830.8
- Calories from Fat 524
- Total Fat 58.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 255.1 mg
- Sodium 825.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 64.4 g