Salvador Vilchis's Note:
Mexican traditional dish, crunchy pork skin in hot green sauce. Don't forget your tortillas for your tacos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill tomatillos and serrano chiles.
- 2In a food processor, blend tomatillos, chicken broth, garlic, peppers, salt, onions and half of the cilantro.
- 3In a deep sauce pan, heat the oil and cook the sauce for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 4In the meantime break the pork chicharron (crispy fried pork skin) down to medium sized pieces (1 - 2 inches) and add to the sauce when cooked.
- 5Cook for an additional 5 - 10 minutes. The sauce should be thick but also still runny, so you may need to add some water or chicken stock.
- 6Before serving sprinkle remaining chopped cilantro.
- 7Enjoy your tacos!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicharron En Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.5
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 1784.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 53.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: