Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mexican traditional dish, crunchy pork skin in hot green sauce. Don't forget your tortillas for your tacos.
- Grill tomatillos and serrano chiles.
- In a food processor, blend tomatillos, chicken broth, garlic, peppers, salt, onions and half of the cilantro.
- In a deep sauce pan, heat the oil and cook the sauce for 15 - 20 minutes.
- In the meantime break the pork chicharron (crispy fried pork skin) down to medium sized pieces (1 - 2 inches) and add to the sauce when cooked.
- Cook for an additional 5 - 10 minutes. The sauce should be thick but also still runny, so you may need to add some water or chicken stock.
- Before serving sprinkle remaining chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy your tacos!