Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Sweet and savory moist corn cakes great with any Mexican dish.
Make and share this Chi-Chi's Sweet Corn Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup masa harina
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- With an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine until fluffy. Gradually beat in masa harina. On low speed, beat in water.
- Place corn in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chopped coarse. Stir in masa mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, cornmeal, cream, baking powder, and salt. Stir into corn mixture. Spread in a greased, 8-inch-square baking pan. Cover with foil. Place in a larger pan and pour boiling water half way up the side of the smaller pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until set.
- Remove smaller pan from water, uncover, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.
This was really good! It went perfectly with chili and was very easy (I cheated and used my stick blender to chop the corn in with the butter, etc.). I also used all cornmeal as my grocery store only had a large bag of masa. I did cut back on the sugar a bit (and next time will add more a little more salt). Thank you for a keeper!
We loved this recipe! I served it topped with spicy grilled shrimp and a cool adobo cream sauce. The dish came out very similar to a restaurant's that we frequent. Thanks!
Came out great! Don Pablo's would accasionally do this as well and I loved it. Nice to be able to make these myself. I used white corn meal rather than the yellow and the dish came out fine.