Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe originally came from Homemade Gourmet and called for Spanish rice prepared on the side. I got lazy and decided to experiment with the rice. The result: a delicious one dish crock-pot meal that was effortless to prepare! The rice was moist, well cooked, and amazingly cheesy. The chicken also turned out perfectly tender.
- In crock-pot, combine first three ingredients, add salt to taste, cover, and cook on high until chicken breasts are tender, about 2 hours.
- Add instant rice, making sure all grains are moist. Cook on low 5-15 minutes.
- Mix in cheese, leave in crock-pot until melted.
- Serve chicken and rice separately or together.
- Suggestion from Homemade Gourmet: Slice leftover chicken breasts into strips and sauté briefly in a hot skillet. Serve on flour tortillas with desired toppings for quick and delicious chicken fajitas.