Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is soooo good!
Make and share this Cheesy Mexican Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Place chicken in water in dutch oven on stove, medium heat.
- Add salt, pepper and onions to your liking.
- Cook chicken until it is falling off the bone.
- Cut up the velveeta cheese, melt and mix with green chilies and soup in another pan or even in the microwave.
- Crunch up your bag of doritos and set aside.
- When chicken is done, remove chicken from the bones and place in baking dish, cover with cheese mixture.
- Top with crushed Doritos and bake on 400 for 15 mins or until Doritos are turning a golden brown.
My husband loved this. Very easy!
This dish was so easy to put together and bake. I had the chicken already cooked in the freezer. We love green chiles, so I added 2 cans, drained. The dish tasted similar to King Ranch Casserole, and we love that dish too. Thanks for sharing this quick and easy recipe. I am sure I will be making it again.
This was delicious. The only change I made was used boneless chicken breasts as I do not like dark meat. The chicken was tasty and filling. I do not normally like chilies but they added just the perfect touch to this recipe. Thank you.