Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Deleites de la Cocina Mexicana by Maria Luisa Urdaneta.
Make and share this Cheese-Stuffed Chiles recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic, jalapeños, and tomato in butter until onions are soft.
- Add the milk and salt and stir.
- Heat until the milk is scalded.
- Turn heat to low, and add cheese slowly, stirring until melted.
- Make a slit along one side of each Anaheim chile and stuff it with 4 Tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
- Warm in the oven.
- Divide into 6 portions and serve.
DH and I really enjoyed this recipe. Definately going into my Mexican cookbook. Made as written only cutting the recipe in half. Served with Another Chicken Fajitas Recipe!#300679, Avacado Garlic Dip#512668, Spanish rice and homemade salsa. Wonderful meal. Thank you. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
So yummy and easy. Mexican stuffed chiles without breading.