8 hrs 30 mins
Bone Man's Note:
The original recipe is attributed to Demi Moore in an old clipping I had kept. This is a spicy salad with a lot of eye appeal and some unique flavor blends. Great for brunch or even to take along as a covered dish. Enjoy this one with a nice cold glass of Chardonnay, my friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces black beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced, lengthways
- 2 red bell peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and diced
- 16 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 4 ounces Fritos corn chips or 4 ounces tortilla chips, broken
for the marinade
- 1In a mixing bowl, whisk together the red chili, lime juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, cilantro and vinegar.
- 2Rinse the shrimp in cold water, drain and, place them in an adequately-sized glass bowl and pour the marinade over them. Stir carefully to make sure that all the shrimp are covered with marinade. Allow the shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator, covered with cling wrap, for 8 hours, stirring at least once.
- 3At the end of the 8 hours, drain the shrimp and reserve the marinade to use as dressing.
- 4In four serving bowls, evenly divide the shrimp, beans, lettuce, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, avacados and corn. Toss each salad and top each one with the corn chips.
- 5Drizzle an even amount of the marinade/dressing over each salad and serve.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celebrity Mexican Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (678 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.5
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 373.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.1 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 35.6 g